From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion control in Actors?

I have done this before wher eit works.. but in this instance I have created one actor that will be launched 24 time to run 24 actuators.. I can getit to work for one.. but beyond that I run into issues..

Where should the motion VI reside in the Project?  as part of the LVLIB?actor for the Motion

I have them as reentrant ( shared)?

what else might I be missing.. I have been banging my head against the key board for the last 4 hours trying to figure this out

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,952 Views)

Can you be more specific about the "issues" you run into?

What APIs are you calling into? Are any of the subVIs you're using stateful, such that they would share state across reentrant instances of your actor?

Can you post some code for us to study?

Message 2 of 4
(2,988 Views)

jdebuhr: My guess is that you have a non-reentrant VI in your hierarchy which needs to be reentrant. Check your code to see that all the VIs that are in your actor hierarchy that you need to be reentrant really are reentrant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,988 Views)

AQ,

That was it exactly.. Checked the via again and found 2 not set for reentrant. Changed it and bam, all is well

Jeff

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,988 Views)