Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many actors?

@Noriker wrote:

The transition from traditional LV to AF is hard and confusing. I know I'm having trouble getting my head around. 

I wouldn't feel bad.  You are certainly not alone.  Learning AF and OOP requires changing the way you think about the problem.  You will likely be confused for quite a while and then one day you will have this aha moment where it will suddenly all make sense.   That's pretty normal.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(522 Views)

@Taggart wrote:

I wouldn't feel bad.  You are certainly not alone.  Learning AF and OOP requires changing the way you think about the problem.  You will likely be confused for quite a while and then one day you will have this aha moment where it will suddenly all make sense.   That's pretty normal.

Very normal. Just remember this: both OO and AF have been repeatedly demonstrated to work great in the hands of brand new LabVIEW users. Most of the confusion from experienced users is "unlearning what you've already learned". The hardest part for any of us (me included) in both of these transitions is emptying your cup of your previous knowledge. The good news is that once you've got the new paradigms, all the previous knowledge actually comes back into play in the design within each actor and within each class. It isn't outdated or wasted knowledge, just categorized differently.

Message 12 of 12
(499 Views)