Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing a LabVIEW Measurement System with Multiple Abstraction Layers Using the Actor Framework

I recently published a lengthy blog detailing (what I believe to be) some of the more interesting design decisions I wrestled with in the course of developing a Measurement Framework built using the Actor Framework, which can be found here: Designing a LabVIEW Measurement System with Multiple Abstraction Layers Using the Actor Framework

This is a ready-to-run example that attempts to capitalize on the questions I commonly receive - questions that are not typically in regard to the AF, but just general questions about building large, extensible test and measurement frameworks.  I should be clear that though I chose AF for implementation, many of the concepts are hopefully equally relavant without the use of AF.

You can download the source for youself and do the following:

- Build and install the framework as an EXE

- Create a new measurement from a template in the create project dialog

- Run the included build specifications

- Deploy and install a new measurement to the previously deployed EXE

And of course, all the source is open and available for you to poke and prod, which brings me to my point:  this has been a fun project for me in my free time, and I'm interested to hear feedback.  I continue to improve and change it when possible, and I'm looking to the community for what to do next.  What, if anything, would you like to see me add or change in a future version? 

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
Message 1 of 1
(3,822 Views)