Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio IMAQ

I am having trouble with the IMAQ vis on the myRIO. When I compile my VI, I get an error message that asks me to check to make sure the software is installed on the myRIO. I have checked, and it is. A screenshot of MAX, the error message, and my block diagram is attached. Have I done something wrong in my VI or is there still software missing from the myRIO?

THANKS!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,098 Views)

Hi Zillion,

Looking at your VI, you are using IMAQ functions to grab. You need to use the IMAQdx functions since that is what you have downloaded onto the myRIO. If you look at the vision functions, you should see an NI-IMAQ pallette and an NI-IMAQdx pallete, the NI-IMAQdx pallette will have the functions that you should use.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(9,080 Views)

I do not have any functions available on my IMAQdx palatte. See the attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(9,074 Views)

Hi Zillion,

You may need to download the appropriate optional software. Here is another forum post dealing with the same issue as you.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(9,062 Views)

Sorry, I have been out of the office for a while and not able to check this out. Just looked at it this afternoon and I do have IMAQdx 4.2 installed on myRIO. I am (and have been) able to take photos with the camera from MAX, but not in the myRIO project VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(9,004 Views)

Hi Zillion,

Please make sure that you also have it installed on your development computer. Also remember when doing the install, to select the support for the version of LabVIEW you are using. Here is a forum post addressing a similar issue.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,988 Views)

Does a license for VAS have to be purchased seperately from LabVIEW? If not, how do I access it to install it? I only have LabVIEW, not Vision Development.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(8,983 Views)

Hi Zillion,

You would need a separate license from LabVIEW in order to access the IMAQdx drivers. Here is a download link for you to download from. You can also try an evaluation to test it out.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(8,967 Views)

I gave up on this, but am now trying to use it for a class, and have installed the academic Vision Development. However, I still do not have IMAQdx options on my pallate when developing a VI in LabVIEW. Is there another step that I need to do? IMAQdx has already been installed on the myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(8,517 Views)

Zillion,

Could you go the "Programs and Features" window via the Windows control panel and double click on the National Instruments entry on the resulting list? From there you should be able to do a "Repair" on the IMAQdx install. 

The full procedure can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FE6B641E86E55AF2862576DE00038001

Let me know if this doesn't fix the issue and we can perform further troubleshooting.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,496 Views)