3D Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy sensors on 3D models

Hello everyone, I am working on a project recently. I used sensor mapping and 3D display controls here. I have encountered two difficult problems that require everyone's help:

1. After loading the model through sensor mapping, how to display the position information of the 3D model by moving the mouse on the front panel of the 3D display, such as the coordinates, the temperature corresponding to the sensor placed on the 3D model.
  2. For sensor mapping, is there a good way to lay out the sensor by designing the program, because I am currently laying out the sensor based on a manual method, this method should not be a good strategy.

Because I have just been exposed to LabVIEW, all aspects are limited and I need your help and guidance in the forum. I am very grateful.

Your sincerity  Sternberg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,490 Views)

For your point 1, the mouse gives a position in 2D and you need a 3D position in the 3D picture control.

You can use the method of the 3D picture control: Pick Model. This method returns the name of the models that are intercepted by the projection of your view in the direction of the window coordinate that you provide.

You can extract a mouse-click coordinate in the 3D picture control by using an event structure.

You can display text in a 3D picture control by using Create Text.vi.

For your point 2, only you know how you can get information to automatically positions your sensor. Your question needs to be more specific.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,488 Views)