LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Delimited Data.llb

Author: Darren (NI)

Copy Delimited Data

Copy the data from an array to the clipboard in tab-delimited format, making it easy to paste into a text editor or spreadsheet application.

plugin.png

Supported types are 1D and 2D arrays of numeric, string, Boolean, or path. Right-click option is present on array controls, array indicators, and array constants.

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2015. For install instructions, go here.

Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Good stuff.

What numeric resolution is used for the copy?

I have posted a suggestion here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Higher-precision-for-quot-Export-Data-to-Clipboard-quo...

to solve a problem with the native export in LabVIEW, namely that it keeps the resolution displayed in a control/indicator (which might be constrained by screen real estate rather than indicative of the numeric resolution used internally).

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Here are the formats I use for converting to string:

String -> String

Path -> String

Boolean -> 0 or 1

Integer Numeric -> %d

Floating Point Numeric -> %f

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

So it will do exactly as the current LabVIEW export tool does, i.e. round off numerics to 6 significant digits by default and keep a non-exponential notation.

Try 1E-7 and you'll get 0.

Try 1.0E-6, 1.1E-6, 1.2E-6 and you'll get all 0.000001

This is not good. %e would be preferable.

Another thing I would recommend looking into it this other problem with the default LabVIEW "Export Data to Clipboard" described in this thread (declined due to lack of kudo, but still very much a problem):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Export-data-to-clipboard-Size-Warning/idi-p/2395526

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Ok, would %g be better? That seems to paste into Excel ok for all the examples you just gave.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

%g would be fine too (I suggested %e, but some folks might be spooked by 1E0) .

Please note the additional warning above.

Contributors