From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Twitter Toolkit for LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the Twitter Toolkit VI Package

Step A: Install the Twitter Toolkit

Requirements:

• LabVIEW 2011 or later
  • OS: Mac, Windows, Linux, or embedded (PharLap, VxWorks)

Instructions:

1. Download and Install the JKI VI Package Manager. The package manager is used to organize the VIs used by the Twitter toolkit and make installation easier. For help or additional information with the JKI VI Package Manager, visit the JKI support page.

2. Once the VI Package Manager has been installed, perform one of the following to install the Twitter packages:
    • Option 1 (Recommended): If you have an internet connection and a compatible browser, click the following link to open the package in VI Package Manager:
      Download i3 Twitter with VI Package Manager
      And in the i3 Twitter dialog press install to begin installation. Proceed to the next step below.
      Capture.PNG

• Option 2: If you have an internet connection but the URL above does not open the VI Package Manager:

Manually open the VI Package Manager by going to Start >> All Programs >> JKI >> VI Package Manager >> VI Package Manager

In the VI Package Manager select the version of LabVIEW being used, change the view to see All Packages, and search for i3 Twitter
      Capture.PNG
      Double click i3 Twitter from LVH in the list to open the installation screen. In the i3 Twitter installation screen press the Install button as shown in Option 1 and then proceed to the next step below.

• Option 3: If you do not have an internet connection on the machine with VI Package Manager installed then save the following (also see document attachment): i3_twitter-2013-07-18.vipc

Open the .vipc file using the JKI Package Manager
      screen1.png

If you are prompted to select the LabVIEW configuration to install this VI package, select the version of LabVIEW you are using (LabVIEW 2011 or later). Click Continue, and proceed to the next step

InstallStep1.PNG

3. After performing one of the 3 options above you may be prompted to close LabVIEW if you have it open. Then you will see a list of task that will be performed (similar to below but may be different based on installed software). Verify that everything is selected and press Continue.
    InstallStep2.PNG

4. You will be prompted to accept the licensing agreement and will have to agree to Accept the license agreements to continue.
    InstallStep3.PNG

5. It may take up to 7-8 minutes for the package to install. Please note the progress bar at the bottom of the window, highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below. Do not exit the VI Package Manager while the installation is in progress.
    InstallStep4.PNG

6. Ensure no errors occurred during installation, and click finish to complete the process (based on the options initially selected the results screen may look slightly different than below).
    InstallStep5ormore.PNG
  7. Now that you have the i3 Twitter Toolkit installed you can create a developer account on Twitter and run Example programs in Step B and Step C

Step B: Create your Twitter Developer Account and Application

See the Instructions available in the Getting Started with the LabVIEW Twitter Toolkit tutorial.

Step C: Running a Twitter Example in LabVIEW

See the Instructions available in the Using the Twitter Toolkit in LabVIEW tutorial.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(11,348 Views)