LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Word to PDF via ActiveX

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a MS Word-2007 document into PDF file. I have a plugin installed in MS Word 2007 which converts the Word document into PDF.

I'm working in LV2009. I have used the SaveAs option in the ActiveX control (Pl Refer to the attachment). I'm getting the following error :Type mismatch. in WordActiveX.vi error code:-2147352571.

Does anybody have a solution for this error?

Message 1 of 12
(8,402 Views)

Hi Shobana,

I don't know what plug-in you are using but I think the save-as command will not work for this plug-in.

Maybe you can create a macro (in Word) that converts the Word document to a pdf and call this macro from your VI

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,365 Views)

Then you create a PDF. You will normally use a PDF printer driver. That print the document to a file. So I would investigate different print options.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,359 Views)

There are examples and manual. Wish this can help you.

PS. Because it just can upload less than 5MB, so I will post twice

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,349 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,348 Views)

Hi,

Looks nice Smiley Surprised  to bad I can not read French.

Can you tell on what page the examples are ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,338 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,321 Views)

Thankyou all for the ideas..

I too have figured out a different solution.

The plugin which i mentioned about is "Microsoft Save as PDF" offered by Microsoft Corporation. You would find it here--

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e-4ae6-b059-a2e79ed87041&displa...

Once this convertor is added to MS Office, the ActiveX will support the functionality too. You must specify the required file format's value in the SaveAs method. A list of all supported formats and their values can be found in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb238158%28office.12%29.aspx

Pl find the attached vi..

Message 8 of 12
(8,313 Views)

It works fine for me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,308 Views)

I used pdf995 print driver but it gives prompts while converting the doc. And i couldnt supress all the prompts! So i had to skip that option..

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,307 Views)