VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use VirtualBench API without LabVIEW. Example: Python, DLLs, etc.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to use the VirtualBench API without LabVIEW?

Like using python or something.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,552 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdhh21

We just released version 1.1 of VirtualBench that adds a C API and a bunch of other features, see http://forums.ni.com/t5/VirtualBench/Announcing-free-firmware-update-version-1-1-adds-SPI-and-I2C/td....  With that you could use VirtualBench in your programming language of choice if you write the appropriate bindings.

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,533 Views)

Great!!!!! Thanks!!!

I really need it!.

Regards,

Excited VirtualBench User

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,527 Views)

Hello Joe,

Also, there is a way to download the firmware without using the application. Because the company network does not allow the connection or drops it.

Thank you,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,514 Views)

The firmware update isn't strictly necessary to use the C API.  The C API should work on your VirtualBench with existing firmware.  However, if you want any of the new features to work, then you will want the new firmware.

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,506 Views)

Hi,

Well, yes, I may not need it now, but seeing the new features it would be nice if we can start checking them out soon.

I see the links for the driver driver/runtime/app but I do not see it for the firmware. It starts downloading it and says something about 3 mins remaining and when it is near the end, I get an error message so, is there a way to download it and then send it to the HW?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,501 Views)

Hi,

You're right, there is not a download page for the firmware updates. I've sent you a PM, to work on this offline. We're handling requests like this on a case by case basis for now.

Regards,

Luke B.

NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,476 Views)