UI Interest Group Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the Decal on a Silver button

Step 1: Get the image you want to put on your button. The shipping Silver buttons use public domain images from the Open icon Library and you can find images of similar style there. You will probably want a 24x24 PNG. Save the file on disk.

Step 2: Drop a button from the palettes, e.g. the Silver OK button.

Step 3: Select the control and choose "Edit>>Customize Control" from the menu, or right-click and choose "Advanced>>Customize." A Control Editor window will open with the Control in it.

Step 4: From the menu, select "Window>>Show Parts Window."

Step 5: Right-click on the image you want to change. The Parts window shows which part you have selected, so you can verify that you have right-clicked on the right piece.

Step 6: Select "Import from File" in the right-click menu.

CustomizeSilverButtonDecal_1.png

Step 7: Browse to the image file on disk.

Step 8: You're done! You can save the CTL or Apply Changes without saving to change the button in the VI.

Note: Silver style controls are only supported in LabVIEW 2011 and later.

Bonus: Do you want a button where the image stays centered instead of staying on the left side of the button? Use the attached CTL as your starting point and follow the same steps as above.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Comments
Amiri
on

Thank you Christina.

pallen
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Great info!

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
NI-hilator
on

Beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to keep the decal centered.  Nice that you provide a starting point so we don't have to know, but I am still curious how you did it.  Could you please share?  Thanks!

Christina_R
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

It's not possible to configure a decal to stay centered without "secret sauce" that we put in for the Silver control development. If you need more details, PM me and I'll give you an INI token to play with, as long as you acknowledge that the secret menu items in the Control Editor could make wonky, insane controls but you want to play with them anyway.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
jandersons
on

This is an old thread, but I would be interested in playing around with that INI token, if anyone has access to it and could share it.

Contributors