Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we measure current with SCXI 1127 in scanner mode?

Hi,
I trying to measure AC current through a resistive network using 4060 DMM and SCXI 1127 multiplexer switches. I am using switches in 1 wire configuration. Is it possible to measure the current flowing through each branch connected to different channels by configuring 1127 in 1 wire scanner mode? I am using an AC voltage source to apply voltage to the circuit. When i measure the current using probes into banana jacks and DMM soft panel i get correct values of currents, but get values in uA range when i use it switches in scanner mode.All comments are welcome.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,190 Views)
The SCXI-1127 was not designed for scanning though current measurements, but here are a few suggestions.
First, you need to make sure all the channels are set in 1-wire mode in MAX. Second, if you connect each branch to each channel, they will all be open except the one being measured. If the measured branch requires other branches to complete the circuit the current will not flow as expected.
Also the SCXI-1127 can only operate in the Break Before Make mode. For current measurement, it is preferable to use a Make Before Break switch module.
Make sure you do not exceed the current rating of the SCXI-1127 which is 1A switching and 2A carry.
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,189 Views)