Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to start creating sine waves using the NI PXI-5421?

Hi all, I've just started to use the NIfGen vi's (also quite new to labview) I'm looking to create a simple sinewave from the PXi-5421. Have looked at some of the examples which tend to use some of the labview vi functions that i'm not very familiar with ( so I feel that I'm better off starting a simpler version that will o/p a sine wave between 0-2Vp-p. Is there any stripped down examples for this available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,639 Views)
Take a look at the examples that start with "niFgen_Basic" - for example, the niFgen_Basic_Standard_Function_Example is very simple, only 6 VIs total. The niFgen_Basic_Arb_Waveform_Example is a good start too for arbitrary waveform generation. These examples come with the NI-FGEN 2.2 driver (and later versions).

Drew Creel
Software Engineer
NI Signal Generators Group

Message Edited by Drew Creel on 07-22-2005 11:00 AM

Drew Creel
NI Software Group Manager
RF and Signal Generators
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,634 Views)
Will have a look at the niFgen_Basic_Arb_Waveform_example and see how I get on I've only got this one as I'm using driver version 2.0.Is there somwhere I can download the more up to date vi's?. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,626 Views)
The latest FGEN driver can be downloaded from: http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/4f38375e859a9b7886256fc8007680f8
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,619 Views)