Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal processing

Hey there, I'm new to LabView Software, hence I need some help regarding the following issue. I'm using LabView 2014.

How to compare two signals in frequency domain? the comparison function is working perfectly fine in time domain. 

The comparison signals are sine signal with some noise and other perfect sine signal. 

The comparison function produces output in array form(pls do explain the analysis of results in array format), but can anyone suggest me a solution so that I can obtain it in boolean format.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,928 Views)

First: What signal details do you want to compare?

Frequency, amplitude, phase, THD, SINAD, RMS noise, ....  ?

For the usual stuff you find read LabVIEW vis that will nicely do the job for you 🙂

Boolean output is usually at the end of a comparision where you have boundaries and decide wheter a green or red ligth turns on 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 4
(2,872 Views)

Thank you, Henrik_Volkers for your reply,

I'm about to compare 2 signals's amplitude and frequency 

For which I've converted the signal from analog to digital using ADC block and converted it from time to frequency domain using FFT block {custom code written in MathScript block(using matlab default functions such as -> "fft(x)"  )}

The output in frequency domain is just unable to compare(both amplitude and frequency).

The problem is boolean function works perfectly fine when used in time domain (i.e before fft block), but I need the comparison to happen in frequency domain.

Thank you well in advance for answers, 

Regards,

Koushik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,851 Views)

For amp and frq of a sine .. use tone detection.vi

More help can be given, if you provide precise information on what you need to do.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,843 Views)