PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-223022 @ PXI4461+PXI1042Q

Hi all,

As I am using PXI-4461 + PXI-1042Q, I found that I alway get an error "223022",

"Internal Software error occurred in DSA software". And it becomes normal after restarting

PXI for a few time.s Sometime, it may be fine for restart once, but it may also be error after

four or five times restart.

I had tried to change the plot of the PXI-4461, but the problem is still here.

I am using DAQmx version 8.6, do I need to update to 8.7??

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,887 Views)

Hi Ryan,

There are a few different things that could be causing your error.  The first thing to try would be to try upgrading the driver.  The latest DAQmx driver is now 9.0 and can be found here.

Additionally, I'm curious how old your 4461 is.  There was an issue in the past where that error would be thrown every once and a while, requiring a reboot, however, it seemed that when that was reported, it was very intermittent (not nearly as replicable as your situation).  

I would say give the driver update a try, and then otherwise, I would call National Instruments to RMA the card.  Have a good one!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,869 Views)

Steve,

Did you resolve your issue?

We have one PXI-4461, eighty six PXI-4462, all are currently involved in a recall.

Did you receive a "Long-Term Fuse Reliability" recall letter from NI?

It mentions errors "-50400, -200313, -200550, and -239022", while you mention error "223022". 

Also, in MAX, affected cards, with a blown fuse, will fail the

"Device Reset" from the test panel and report to you error "-223022".

Sounds like you have a blown fuse to me. 

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,515 Views)

Please see the following KB for more information on these error codes:

What do Error Codes -50400 and -223022 Mean on NI 446X Devices?

Thank you,

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,470 Views)

Problem:
What do Error Codes -50400 and -223022 mean on NI 446X devices?

Solution:
Error -223022:
This error indicates that the ADCs never came out of their initial calibration cycle which is done immediately after driver load when the system boots.  This will occur at start up and if the calibration cycle fails then the device will be inoperable until the system is restarted and the device boots correctly.

So I need to disable the PXI-4461 and enable again it again until it works for each time I reboot the PXI????????

That what I am doing..... 

Regards,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,288 Views)

Hello Ryan,

Generally speaking, I wouldn't expect this error to occur often or to persist through more than a couple reboots.  If you're getting this error a majority of the times you boot your system, you should probably call in to support for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,282 Views)