PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustment error in cal excutive for pxi-5922

I have run through the verify portion of the PXI-5922 procedure in Calibration Executive 3.1 and it works fine but once I get to the adjustment portion it errors out after the first set-up. I have to use a manual scope calibrator because we do not have a Fluke 9500. The error code it 1074001424. It says that the error code is undefined. Does anyone know what this means or have any suggestions as to how I can get past it???

Thanks,
chesscat
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,441 Views)
Hello--

I have found a forum post that may answer your question.  Let me know how this works for you.

While you are not using the fluke instrument the problem and resolution could be the same.

Regards,
Matt S.
NI Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,430 Views)
Thanks for your reply Matt,

This did not work. I am using Cal Ex version 3.1, NI-VISA 3.3.1 (3.4.1) doesn't work either. I am using a Fluke 5520A + sc600. I had to enter an unsupported oscillosope calibrator in the begining of the procedure because we do not have a 9500. Could this be why the adjustment procedure is not working?

Leanne
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,411 Views)
After looking at the specifications for the Fluke 5520A at:

The first thing I noticed is that the frequency specification did not meet the requirements for Calibration Executive (on pg 10):

This alone would cause your set up to not work.  If you do not have an oscilloscope from the recommended list your substitute device must meet the specifications above.

Regards,
Matt S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,390 Views)

If I use an unsupported scope calibrator does Cal EX have anyway of verifying the specifications for that unsupported piece of equipment? I am just trying to figure out the cause of this error and is seems if the item is unsupported Cal Ex would not know the specifications for it.

Thanks,

Leanne

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,380 Views)
It would not cause the error but it would mean that Cal Exec would not Calibrate propperly.  To tell what is causing the error you can run NI-Spy before running your Cal Exec.  Navigate to Start->Programs->National Instruments->NI-Spy and click the run button when the program opens.  Next you can run your Calibration Executive Progam... NI-Spy will capture the commands being sent and the data received.  From this we can see what function the error is occuring on.  Save your NI-Spy capture and include the file in your post.

Regards,
Matt S.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,356 Views)