Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline Timing & Sync

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kabooom

When the target boots, on the console you should see something like "timesync active". Do you see that?

After modifying the 6682's time... you should not need to reboot. The timesync driver will update the target time without needing a reboot... because it continously does this in the background.
 However, be aware, it has two ways of updating the time of the target "servoing" and "snapping". If the time of the 6682 and the target are very close... it will servo the time of the target to the time of the 6682 by making very minor speed adjustments once per second. If the time of the 6682 and the target are far apart (many seconds)... it will snap the time of the target to the time of the 6682 and then begin servoing.

This snap movement takes a while to happen. So after setting your 6682's time... wait a few minutes and then check the target's time (you can with the time tab in MAX)... it should be the same. You can also monitor this process with the NI TimeSync property nodes available on the programming -> structures -> timed structures -> absolute time palette.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,026 Views)

After the reboot i have the message : "Time sync source: nisync now active"

I i modified the PXI 6682 time and i reboot the system, it seems the PXI6682 time is replaced with the system time.

So as you wrote, i tried to modified the PXI 6682 time (through the test panel) and i watched the system time (through MAX). I put a difference of 20 minutes between both time and i waited all night long. This morning i still have 20 minutes between both times.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(3,014 Views)

It works,

You just have to restart MAX to have the correct time...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(3,009 Views)