From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test stand not showing cutsom columns

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm working on a custom UI for Test Stand in C# 2010 and I've selected the columns I want shown in the properties window of the Sequence Viewer. When I run the UI, the execution view is defaulting to the standard columns. I tried adding the line ApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations = false to my code, but all that does is turn the execution view background to black. Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,078 Views)

Hello dvtseng,

It looks like you should add axApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations = false; just before axApplicationMgr.Start();

Here is a similar forum.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,062 Views)

I've tried that, but all it does is turn the background color of the view black, which I did not set (see the attached screen shot). Is there some way of preventing the background from turning black?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dvtseng

Hello dvtsend,

Have you tried our example code in the filepath: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand XXXX\UserInterfaces\Simple\CSharp?

I modified the columns on the MainForm and then inserted the line of code in the appropriate location and it worked for me. Let me know if you can make this work.

Regards,

Jeff L.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,049 Views)

That got it. I had the axApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations =false; and axApplicationMgr.Start(); in the Form_Load routine instead of the initialization routine.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,036 Views)