NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reportgen_txt.seq

How does this sequence "reportgen_txt.seq" actually get brought in during runtime. And where can I find information about the function AddSequenceResultToReport. In general, I'm wondering how to modify the default gui.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(4,842 Views)
Hi mrbean,

reportgen_txt.seq or the sequences contained in reportgen_txt.seq get called from the sequence TestReport which is called from the enrty point Single Pass or Test UUTs.

Following is the filename string for the call to the AddReportBody sequence

"ReportGen_" + Parameters.ReportOptions.Format + ".seq"

You can find some general information about the Report Generation in the Reference Manual, but any detail information will be gleamed by delving into the Sequence itself and asking questions.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(4,838 Views)
Ray,

Does TestStand know to use reportgen_txt.seq (as opposed to reportgen_xml.seq reportgen_html.seq) by looking at the report options Report Format. Also, are the report options tied to an individual application's sequence or is there a global (report options) settings file somewhere.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(4,833 Views)
Hi,

The Report Options settings from the Configure Report Options dialog will define the default values to be used with every sequence file.

But the report options can be changed by using the Override Callback ReportOptions sequence in individual SequenceFile. This you can add via the Insert SequenceFile Callback menu option.

ReportOptions is a container and is passed as a parameter, by reference to the Sequence ReportOptions, therefore you can change part of or all of the Report Options during your execution.
For every property on the Configure Report Options Dialog, there is a corresponding property in the ReportOptions container.

The easiest way to see this is to add the ReportOptions sequence to your SequenceFile. Insert a step like a label and add a breakpoint on this step. Run your sequencefile using either of the Entry Points. You will then beable to look at the Parameter.ReportOptions on entry into the ReportOptions sequence. I dont recall any where the various values for each of the properties are listed in any of the TestStand Manual and some of the property values are not obvious, some of the booleans are inverse logic.

example:
Setting the following property in the Override Callback
Parameters.ReportOptions.Format = "txt"
Would changed the return ReportOptions to use the text format and hence run the reportgen_txt.seq in TestReport Sequence

The ReportOptions callback will get invoked either from the 'Single Pass' or 'Test UUTs' entry points of the process model.

If you dont override the ReportOptions callback i.e. you use the default ReportOptions sequence in the process model sequence file, this sequence does nothing to the default report options settings defined at the Configure Report Options Dialog.

They is some simple Report Management Sequence File examples in the TestStand examples folder.

Hope this helps
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(4,825 Views)
I can't seem to find the Override Callback ReportOptions sequence in individual SequenceFile (via the Insert SequenceFile Callback menu option). Where is this located?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(4,846 Views)
My ultimate goal is to get a user interface that resembles that of cvitxuir.uir. I've attached the bitmap of what it looks like. I still have the .uir. Where to I begin on something like this assuming I've copied the full-featured OI from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\OperatorInterfaces\NI to the User area.

Message Edited by Support on 09-17-2007 01:15 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,736 Views)
Hi,

Under the Edit menu item, select the SequenceFile Callbacks.
You should get the SequenceFile Callbacks dialog, see attached.

I have highlighted the ReportOptions Callback.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(4,835 Views)
I set to YES the Report Options in the Override Callback area. This created a function entry in the
View::ReportOptions called setReportOptions. In the Edit Expressions, I entered the expression you provided. Parameters.ReportOptions.Format = "txt". At the target, I don't see any report at all. What other commands do I need. Where do I find a list of available commands.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,825 Views)
Hi,

Attached is a small example.

I have also made sure the Report Generation hasn't been disabled.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(4,823 Views)
Ray,

I copied the expressions from your example and still I see no reporting at the target.

Parameters.ReportOptions.Format = "txt", Parameters.ReportOptions.DisableReportGeneration= False
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(4,804 Views)