NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menu of sequence files

In my limited use of TestStand, I normally open a sequence file (which lists all my test steps) and I press F5 to Test UUT.  What I want to do, however, is to have a main (I suppose a LabVIEW created OI) that requests a login from the user, then provides a list (drop down) of 14 (or so) UUTs from which the user can test (only one at a time).  This would cause the sequence file associated with the selected UUT to be opened, the tests within that sequence file to be displayed, then the user can select individual/all tests to be performed.  Are there any examples anywhere of something like this?  Any suggestion as to where to begin?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,622 Views)
Hey,

It seems that you have a few different features that you want to implement in your Operator Interface. Here is a description of how you could the existing Operator Interfaces could perform these tasks.

1. User Login: Both the Simple and Full Featured Operator Interfaces (which can be found in the following directory <TestStand Directory>/OperatorInterfaces/NI) will pop up a user login screen when the application is opened
2. Choose Particular Sequences Based on UUTs:  Implementing a window that pops with a list of UUTs would involve customizing the Operator Interface.  On the other hand, you could use the Full Featured Operator Interface and load all of the Sequence Files the user might want to run.  If you name these sequence files according to the UUT IDs, the would be able to select the required Sequence File
3. Selecting Particular Tests: Both Operator Interfaces give you the ability to select particular steps and run them using the Single Pass entry point.  (To perform this task, select particular tests and then right click and select [Run selected steps using >> Single Pass]) This is more of a debugging feature, but I believe it is what you are looking for.  Furthermore, it doesn't involve any customizing of the Operator Interface.

Using the previous suggestions will not involve any coding or editing of the process model or Operator Interface.  If these suggestions are not adequate a good place to start would be the customization of Operator Interfaces web event which you can go to by clicking on the following link:

Developing a Custom NI TestStand Operator Interface in LabVIEW
[http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nievn.ni?action=display_offerings_by_event&event_id=18146&event_subtype=WEB_EVENT_DEMAND&site=NIC]

Regards,

Santiago D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,604 Views)