NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exe return code

Hi All,

I have a question, would you please help: do I have access in Test Stand to a string return code returned by an exe launched within a "call executable" step?

Thanks,
Florin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,508 Views)

Hey Florin,

You can get access to it by using the following:

RunState.Sequence.Main["Call Executable"].ExitCodeStatusAction

At least that's what I did in a simple Message Popup step.  Other than that you can not get any string returned by an executable.

Message Edited by Sam R on 02-28-2006 02:53 PM

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 9
(4,485 Views)

1. That already does not exist in TS 3.5 -> RunState.Sequence.Main["Call Executable"].ExitCodeStatusAction

2. I think that the correct form is -> RunState

.Sequence.Main["Call Executable"].Result.Status

I suppose that ExitCodeStatusAction  ==  Result.Status

If i am not right please correct me!

Message Edited by Yuri_IL on 05-14-2006 06:09 AM

Message Edited by Yuri_IL on 05-14-2006 06:10 AM

Thank you & Best Regards

*I use LabVIEW 2018 & TestStand 2021 versions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,414 Views)

Hi,

RunState.Main["Call Executable"].ExitCodeStatusAction does exist, its what you set to tell the step what action to take depending on the value of the return code value. Its also dependent on the value of the WaitCondition.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,402 Views)

Ray,

When I put : RunState.Main["Call Executable"].ExitCodeStatusAction at step's Expression region it's gives a mistake and more that it when I

wrote RunState.Main["MyCallExe"].      <-- after 'dot' I did not get any suggestions to complete it from TestStand auto- 

complete   system, so the TestStand does not know that thing.

Perhaps, that thing does not work in Expression region? If that must to work, so it does not exist in TestStand 3.5.

If you think that it must to work, so in which section i must put it?

Message Edited by Yuri_IL on 05-15-2006 12:47 AM

Thank you & Best Regards

*I use LabVIEW 2018 & TestStand 2021 versions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,392 Views)

Hi Yuir_IL,

ExitCodeStatusAction is dependant on what the WaitCondition property is set to. If the WaitCondition is set to No Wait, then maybe it doesn't give you the opposite. That is want happens when you open the Configure Exe dialog.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,383 Views)

Florinn!

Could you post your exe so that one may try to figure it out?

/Vedeja

Message Edited by Vedeja on 05-29-2006 12:42 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,341 Views)
Thanks guys, I do not have an example to provide, I was exploring the possibility of retrieving an exe's exit code as a string.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,325 Views)
Well then, is it not as simple as

Str(RunState.Sequence.Main["Call Executable"].Result.ExitCode)

?

/Vedeja

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,317 Views)