NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Report generation doc

Hi Guys,

I'm looking into TestStand reports right now, but I have to admit that I'm a little bit lost...

I would like to get an easy "manual" on how to edit the reports so I can get my own formating in the report...

For example, I would like to present my test results like this

Description of test (name)    ||    Low limit    ||   Measurement    ||     High Limit     ||    Pass/Fail.

This would be the case for every test step.
Also , I would like to have a customized header with a logo, and some additional Information like operator name, SN, etc

A solution I was thinking about was to send all my data back in LabVIEW and generate the report from there, which is quite easy... I found a way to get back part of my data, but unfortunately, the NumericLimitTest steps don' return the Result... (the function I used is on this page http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=1311&requireLogin=False) >> TestStand-Labview-Resultlist.vi is the one I used.

Could you help me on this?

Thanks a lot

Matthieu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,931 Views)
Hi Matthieu,

Here is a Developer Zone article that should help get your starting with understanding how report generation works: Report Generation Explained .

See the following knowledge base article for information about logging data of a step: How do I Modify a Step Type to Log Data into a Report?

If you are using an HTML report, please see the following knowledge base article for information about how to customize your header information: Modifying HTML Report Headers to Include Custom Information in TestStand .

This should get you started with reporting in TestStand.  I think that you will find that TestStand is better suited for reporting as you become more familiar with it.

Jessica
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,886 Views)