Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand 2020 hangs in runtime engine mode

Solved!
Go to solution

OVERVIEW

Our production system uses a Teststand runtime license on a W10 Lenovo i5 PC,

Teststand and LabVIEW runtime engines are used to run a 3rd party Teststand model that calls an inhouse Teststand sequence that calls inhouse and hardware vendor VIs in a LabVIEW packed library

The 2016 setup has been working for years, but does not work since upgrading NI code from 2016 to 2020.

BEHAVIOUR

1. The same tester 2020 code has been deployed using subversion, on 2 separate PCs with similar results
  2. The LabVIEW packed library works fine when called with LabVIEW development system
  3. The 2016 LabVIEW code has been mass compiled to 2020.

4. The Teststand model works when
    1. Teststand is in development mode, with LabVIEW adaptor set in either mode
    2. Teststand LabVIEW adapter is set to LabVIEW runtime engine and Teststand and LabVIEW development systems are also running

5. Teststand hangs when the LabVIEW adapter is set to LabVIEW runtime engine, and running with no development tools, and of course this is the mode I need.

I have looked at the VIs that are called when Teststand hangs, and there is nothing that I can detect that will cause a hang.

And I have to ask....why does it run in the other modes?

After much head scratching, and nailing down the behaviour I come seeking advice......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(909 Views)

Hi,

Since it is working in development mode then there are VIs which are not upgraded to higher versions.

From TestStand Tools menu there is an update VI tool which also can be used to upgrade your VI .Since you have mass compiled the VIs i assume all VIs are upgraded.You can still try this tool.

Did you upgrade the packed libraries i.e. rebuild the source code to the new version.YOu need to open the project and rebuild packed libraries to newer version i.e. LV 2020 in your case. Mass compile cannot upgrade the packed libraries.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RN888

Hi

All the packed libraries had been upgraded to 2020, with a mass compile

A packed library was built using 2020 LabVIEW VIs

After a few issues I was able to use the TestStand ran the 'Update VI/LV NXG VI Calls' tool. Though I used the update on change option.

I have now gone through with the force update option on the the 'Update VI/LV NXG VI Calls' tool, and this has fixed the problem.

Thanks Ravi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(864 Views)