NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand always load previously used file on startup

Hi,
I have a problem with my TestStand operator interface (Full featured CVI). When I open TestStand, it loads previously used sequence file by default. How could I turn it OFF.
In my Station Options, Preferences tab, Re-load last workspace at startup was not selected,which I expect Teststand not to load the previous workspace.
The only solution to avoid this problem sofar is  Whenever I finish, I have to close the sequence file first and then the teststand window. But this is not possible all the time.
Has anybody have the same problem??

Thanks
mama007
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,557 Views)
Open your .UIR file in CVI, double click on the ApplicationMgr control to view its properties. Set the ReloadSequenceFilesOnStart property to ReloadFile_None.
Message 2 of 7
(3,544 Views)

You need to set the ActiveX property "ReloadSequiencFilesOnStart" for the Application Manager to ReloadFile_None = 0 in your OI.  This will stop your OI from loading the last sequence file.

I run Labview but I think it is the same in CVI.

-----

James is got it right...

Message Edited by paulmw on 02-19-2007 09:36 AM

Message 3 of 7
(3,544 Views)
Thanks for the replies..

So It looks like I have to customise the operator interface. Is it posssible to do it programatically from the sequence file, so that I can add it to test file or a model or even execute on load sequence.
Thanks
mama007
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,529 Views)
Two issues with that:

a) You would need to get a reference to the ApplicationMgr from your sequence. The next version of TestStand will provide an easy way to get the ApplicationMgr, so this problem will go away. Before the next version, it might not be practical to do this without modifying the OI.

b) By the time your sequence runs, the files are already loaded. The setting change would apply to the next launch of you operator interface, but you would have to explicitly close all the open files when you first changing the setting. In the next version, when you are able to get the ApplicationMgr, this will be doable in one line simple line of code or in one step in a sequence.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,525 Views)

You could also try posting a UIMsg_CloseWindows message from a sequence.

RunState

.Thread.PostUIMessageEx(UIMsg_CloseWindows, 0, "", Nothing, True)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,523 Views)
Hi I have tried to modify operator interface and it worked without any problem. But this will not be very easier implementation for me as the change is local to every machine I have.
I have also tried to do this using ActiveX, but didn't went very well as this is the first time I am working with ActiveX, particularly like object references etc.

I still have a feeling that it might be possible to get rid of this problem without local chnages to the OI, but don't know how right at the moment

Thanks,
mama007
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,502 Views)