NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property loader - array syntax

Solved!
Go to solution

I have used Property Loader to load singletons but need to know how to set up an array source file. I prefer to stay with a text file format as I already loader properties from one now, but other types would be OK. My array would be two dimensional wherein each row would have a 3 numbers.

Then once the array is loaded I am hoping I can use ForEach for each row in the array.

Thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,963 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021

JVH,

Easiest way is to use the Import/Export tool to generate a file for you then you can see the create format.

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 7
(3,944 Views)

Thanks Ray but the only thing I see on the TestStand tools menu is Customize.

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,929 Views)

jvh,

does this now work for you

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Tools-menu-broken/td-p/1155069

regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,905 Views)

@Ray Farmer wrote:

jvh,

does this now work for you

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Tools-menu-broken/td-p/1155069

regards

Ray

Yes, the Tools menu problem is solved. After I figured it out I posted what I found and marked that as the solution. Have to say I don't care for the new way solutions are marked.

Back on this topic, the contents of the property file for arrays of containers as generated by the export tool seems somewhat tedious to parse and I think know I would be prone to making errors when adding, modifying or removing entries. My solution was to compose a set of generator sequences, one for each model.The main sequence doesn't do anything but has a set of subsequences. There is a subsequence for each model number. In each of these I open the variable pane and create or update the needed variables. Here in the variables pane they are nicely formatted and easy to see and update. Then I run the export tool for each of these subsequences and create sections that I can put in one limits file. This is acceptable as value changes and additions don't occur that often.So these sequences are kept in a generator directory and only run when updates occur. And I make a lot less errors this way.

The only disappointment is that although I can specify the start and stop tags it won't add to an existing file. I figured that was the reason for asking for start/stop tags. So why bother asking for the tags? I can type them in once in the file or once in the exporter.

Anyway now the values are in a format that anyone can easily parse.

Thanks for asking.

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,887 Views)

jvh,

you should beable to add to an existing file, at the bottom of the Source/Detination tab is a control of which one option is Create New File and the other is Append to End of File

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,876 Views)

Yup,

I just did so and thought I should correct my last post and find you already here. So please ignore my ignorant whine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,858 Views)