NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use TestStand 3.5 in evaluation mode to build and deploy a test sequence?

I am trying to see how deployment works in TestStand 3.5.  My test seems to build ok, but when I install it, there is nothing installed.

The test sequences work when I run then in the Sequence Editor.

Is this capability inhibited in the evaluaton mode?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,968 Views)
The evaluation does not lock any features for the first 7 days.  After 7 days, your only limits are time limits for use (15 minutes for execution, 1 hour at a time for using the Sequence Editor).  After 30 days, all functionality is locked.

Are you trying to install on the same computer that you built on?  I could understand that behavior if that is the case.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,967 Views)
Yes, I am trying to install the built test on the same computer.

I know it talked about this in the manual, but I didn't think it wouldn't do it if I tried.

I have used the CVI builder and there is no problem building and installing on the same machine, so I thought that Test Stand would work the same way.

Was I wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,939 Views)
It depends on where the destination of your files are.  The CVI builder is much different than the TestStand Deployment Utility.  We need to install multiple files to many different locations, rather than building an EXE.  In the second tab of the Deployment Utility, you can see where the installed files supposed to go.  You should check these locations to see if the file is getting copied here.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,926 Views)