NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a value to the UUT report header at end of test with on-the-fly reporting enabled

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all you helpful forum-goers!

I have a batch test sequence that has been using the ModifyReportHeader call-back to add an additional test value named SPC (Statistical Process Check) to the header of each of the UUT report files.  Most of the test must finish running before I know the value that needs to be added.

I recently discovered the on-the-fly reporting feature, and enabled it to avoid data loss if the test exits abnormally.  However, now the SPC value always says "Not Run"; I am assuming this is because the header of the report is generated before that part of the test is actually run, so the value hasn't been updated from its default state yet.

Can someone please tell me the easiest way to add a value to the report header, when on-the-fly reporting is enabled, but I don't know the value until after most of the test has finished running?  I am running TestStand 2014.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance!

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(992 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmorris

Hi,

As you said the report header would have been already printed i am not aware of how to update the header  at a later stage. ( unless you write a VI to update the report file)

But you can try this option :

1) Create one more plugin of report type ( copy paste the existing report plugin )

2) For 1 you can keep Non OTF and modify report header to get what you want.

3) For 2nd plugin you can go OTF ( modify report header changes will not have any effect on it).This will be your backup report in case of abrupt stoppage.

Effectively you will get two reports per UUT and delete unwanted reports at a later stage.

This is not a clean solution but should work for your use case.

Ravi

Message 2 of 3
(952 Views)

Hi Ravi,

That seems like a reasonable solution to satisfying both of my needs, thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(932 Views)