Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yet another error -200016 problem

My work recently upgraded my Labview computer to one with a faster processor and more memory (the old one was over four years old).  They installed the same OS as before (XP).  I installed the same version of Labview (8.0), the same version of DAQmx, and the same PCI-6259 card.  I exported the MAX settings from the old computer and imported them to the new one.  I copied all of my VI's from the old one to the new one, preserving their directory structure.

I'm now getting buffer underrun errors when I run the same VI's.  Because the code is all the same, I'm assuming there is something wrong with how data transfer is handled by the computer.  Does anyone have suggestions for hardware settings I can modify on the computer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,640 Views)

Hello Lutraphobe,

After looking over this forum, it looks like you are experiencing error -200016 when trying to access your PCI-6259 from your LabVIEW program. Have you tried performing a self test in MAX? Have you reset the device in MAX? Have you tried to access the device in test panels and see if the error persists? If you have, did any of these produce an error?

If this works without any issues, could you provide the settings that you are acquiring the information ie sampling rate, number of samples to read, etc? Also could you provide the version of the DAQmx driver?

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,598 Views)