cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvanlys.dll | ArbitraryWaveCIN | Arbitrary Waveform Generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

Does anyone know where to find documentation on the C functions contained in the lvanlys.dll?

I'm trying to learn more about the function 'ArbitraryWaveCIN'. 

The Basic Function Generator.vi uses SineWaveCIN, SquareWaveCIN, SawtoothWaveCIN, etc., so I was thinking I could use the ArbitraryWaveCIN to tweak the frequency, amp, and offset of my arbitrary waveform on-the-fly.  

Problem is I'm receiving error 1097 from the Call Library Function Node.

I'm outputting arbitrary waveforms on an AO in a software timed non-regenerative output.  The amplitude and offset of the arbitrary waveform are controlled via PID's so I cannot use the hardware timed board regenerated output mode because I need on-the-fly changes of amplitude and offset. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

LV2010 SP1

NIDAQmx 9.3

M-Series DAQ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,699 Views)

Helo Electromecha,

If you only want to look at the ArbitraryWave function in C, you can open ArbitraryWave from CVI, right click the diagram, go to Class Help on the bottom, then select Advanced Analysis Library.  Click on function tree list, then select ArbitraryWave.  You should have a good description of the function from there.

However, it appears you're programming in Labview, and your end goal is to generate an dynamic AO.  This will be writing your AO waveform to a buffer.  You can make it as "on the fly" as possible by maintaining a low number of samples to the buffer.

Thanks,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,684 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Electromecha

Thanks for your response. 

I finally found the LabVIEW VI that wraps the ArbitraryWaveCIN in the Signal Processing pallet under Signal Generation>Arbitrary Wave.vi.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,661 Views)