Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6001 troubleshooting hardware

Thank you for any help you're able to offer with my following scenario:

I have the 6001 set up for a number of tests, but one in particular was set up incorrectly, and we understand how and why and have it disconnected. It put just under 14VDC across an analogue input chanel, which maxed out the reading at roughly 10.4V. The test did work for a while, but eventually led to timeout errors for all of our tests. After disconnecting the wire causing the problem, we were able to get the unit to work for a short period of time before it gave out again. I'll admit the problem may be independent of the conclusion from troubleshooting above, but I still believe the described conclusion is at least a partial explination.

My main question is, are the issues we are still experiencing permanent damage, or the result of an unresolved problem with say, resetable fuses inside the unit, or some other aspect that is correctable?

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,458 Views)

I doubt the damage is permanent - the USB-6001 has +/- 30V of overvoltage protection on analog input channels when powered on.

What actual error are you getting now?  Is the channel reading the wrong value?

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,446 Views)

I forgot to include that, all timeout errors.

I know it shouldn't be permanent, but like I said, despite appear to have removed the problem, the symptoms persist after disconnecting everything completely, and reconnecting it after rebooting the computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,444 Views)

Could you please post a screenshot of the error?  Also, do you get this same error when running a shipping example (Help>>Find Examples from LabVIEW)?

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,440 Views)

We are using a visual basic program to run the tests we need it to.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,438 Views)

Thanks for the screenshot.  However, it still doesn't really show much about the DAQ error being thrown.

Have you tried running a shipping example with the 6001?  There are .NET examples available under [Public Documents]\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples.  Running an example will allow us to verify that this isn't a problem with the software.

Also, if you have another 6001, you could try simply swapping devices.  That should tell us whether the HW or SW is the issue.

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,433 Views)