From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Released for NI-DAQmx To Address an Issue Where Devices Don't Show up in MAX

Greetings Data Acquisition Users,

We have identified an issue with NI-DAQmx that was introduced in version 9.1 and remained through 9.2.1.  When certain USB human interface devices (HID) such as keyboards, mice, printers, and so on are connected to the PC, some NI devices will no longer be detected by the NI-DAQmx driver.

When these USB devices, including common HP and Apple keyboards and mice, NI-DAQmx sees these devices as NI-DAQmx devices and adds them to the MAX database.  When this happens, it can cause the database to no longer be usable by DAQmx.  As a result, the main symptom of this issue is being unable to see your devices in Measurement & Automation Explorer.  

This issue will be corrected in NI-DAQmx 9.2.2.  We will also be releasing NI-DAQmx 9.1.7 that includes the fix, for those who wish to minimize upgrade risks.  Alternatively, we are making patches available that will fix the issue for NI-DAQmx versions 9.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.5, 9.1.6, 9.2, and 9.2.1.  We recommend that all users apply this fix.

For more information about this issue and to download the patches, please visit KnowledgeBase 5DF9GJZL: Why Do Certain USB Interface Devices Prevent NI Devices from Appearing in MA...

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 1 of 11
(6,352 Views)

Will this patch help with a problem when using PCI-6703 card. We have both Traditional DAQ 7.4.1 for some legacy cards and Max 9.0.2 installed for later PCI-6229.

Tha problem is that though the 6703 shows in both trad DAQ and DAQmx, the self test fails under DAQ and the analog outputs don't function.

Removing DAQmx allows the trad DAQ to function as expected.

So will this patch work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,165 Views)

I have updated my driver first for 9.2.2 and then 9.2.3 but MAX can't find my DAQ (USB-6009). Drivers have successfully installed because PC founds this DAQ as USB-6009 device.

Any suggestions what should I do to get this working?

Leino

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,494 Views)

Hello Leino,

You may be experiencing a MAX database corruption issue.  Try to clean the MAX database by referencing the following link:

How Do I Clean Corrupted MAX Database and Start With a New One?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C

There is also a MAX database corruption removal tool that you can use.  Please see below:

MAX Database Corruption Removal Tool

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805

Regards,
Roman Sandoval | National Instruments | RF Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,470 Views)

Hello,

We are having the same problem with NI 9234 and a sbRIO 9631 robot. MAX does not detect the hardware (NI 9234) ?

Seems you have had the same problem, did you manage to get it working?

Thanks,

Laci,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,390 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for searching the Developer Zone Discussion Forums.  National Instruments Product Support Engineers created this thread to announce the Daqmx Driver patch.  If you experience problems similar to the behavior this patch was created to fix, create a new thread on the product specific forum for each occurance. It is always best to keep each issue limited to a single discussion forum thread, since duplicate posts tend to become confusing.  Additionally, this results in searchable solutions for other customers, where all details of the issue can be found isolated in one place.

Laci has continued the troubleshooting for the NI 9234 here.

Best regards

Justin
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer - Conditioned Measurements
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,356 Views)

Thank you very much, for you're response. We're steal waiting for an posibble solution from somebody who can give us an example.

Thanks, Laci

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,353 Views)

I am Using MAX driver version 9.2.3....i installed PCI7830R in PC...in MAX its detecting my PCI7830R but its properties list not showing and also its not showing device physical channel list... how should i upgrade this any suggestion...???

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,634 Views)

Hello aliaes,

Since I can't say it any better, I will quote Justin from three posts up, "National Instruments Product Support Engineers created this thread to announce the Daqmx Driver patch.  If you experience problems similar to the behavior this patch was created to fix, create a new thread on the product specific forum for each occurance. It is always best to keep each issue limited to a single discussion forum thread, since duplicate posts tend to become confusing.  Additionally, this results in searchable solutions for other customers, where all details of the issue can be found isolated in one place." Since RSeries devices do not use DAQmx at all, the issue you are posting does not apply to this thread. Please create a new thread for your new issue,and I will be happy to address your question there.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,615 Views)

oh.... i felt sorry for that sir... anyway tell me how to create a new thread... so that i can post my doubts thier.....and also now my doubt is if R series board not supported my DAQmx means? then how could i connect PCI7830R with SCB 68????

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,608 Views)