Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to know plugged in DAQ devise's name?

Hello everyone,

We have few USB DAQ-6343. So whenever we change hardware we have to change device name from many part of VI's.I am confident that at one time only one DAQ will be connected to PC. So plz suggest me method so user should not change it every time.

Thanks & Regards,

d_2014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,148 Views)

You can use the system configuration API to discover hardware plugged in to your computer.  You can use the Find Hardware.vi with the expert "daqmx" to discover any devices connected to your computer using the DAQmx driver.  Feed the resource output into a property node to get more information about the hardware you discovered.

Just because you have one physical device connected to your computer does not mean you will only find one item.  If I remember correctly, this API discovers simulated devices so you will probably have to iterate through the resources found until you find a real device.

I haven't had to do this with USB-DAQ devices but I did something very similar with R-Series cards and it worked out pretty well.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,077 Views)

hello jacobson,

Thanks for your informative reply. I don't know these things so  can you upload example Vi, that would be great helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

D_2014

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,071 Views)

If you go to Help > Find Examples there is a good examples called "Show All Hardware" under Hardware Input and Output > System Configuration.

Find Hardware.png

There are many more properties under the System Hardware node that may be specifically what you are looking for but this should be a good start.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,049 Views)