From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NI USB-6259 Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to install NI USB-6259 DAQ card but I am getting a Runtime Error which says

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program E:\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have also installed LabView 7.1 but I still keep on getting the same message. Any help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,676 Views)

Hi sdim,

I imagine that you are trying to install DAQmx, the driver necessary for the card to communicate back to your machine.  DAQmx 9.2.2 is the latest driver we have available.

DAQmx 9.2.2- Windows

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2214/lang/en

However, you will need the version that works iwth LabVIEW 7.1.  You can identify this on the following knowledgebase article.  In your case, DAQmx 8.9 is the latest driver to work wtih LabVIEW 7.1.  Please try this version with your machine to see if it helps.

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,664 Views)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately that did not solve my problem.

This problem only arose when I formatted my pc because previously I had installed the DAQ card with no problems. Most probably something went wrong with Windows Installation. I ran a registry analyzer and it found way too many problems in the registry. I will ask our IT team for a fresh installation and we will see from there.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,648 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdim

Re-installation of Windows did not solve the problem.

The solve this problem change the Regional and Language Options settings from Control Panel to United Kingdom. That solved my problem.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,610 Views)

Hi Steve,

Which locale caused the DAQmx installer to crash? Also, which version of Windows were you using?

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,602 Views)

Hi Brad,

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Regional settings were set to Malta.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,597 Views)

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I was able to reproduce this crash, and I reported it to our installer team as CAR #255830.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,581 Views)

Hi Brad Keryan,

I would like to highlight that when I tried to install Labview 2010 on my Vista system (SP2), 3GB RAM, Core2Duo,  I had the same problem of Runtime error.

After changing my Location from India to UK, in the Regional Settings, my installation worked fine. Please report this bug to whomever concerned.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,318 Views)

Hi Vinay,

Thanks, I'll add that information to the bug report.

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,308 Views)

changing from india to uk does solve the problem

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,278 Views)