Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-200474 in NI USB-6218: The device doesn't get any signal.

I'm using a USB-6218 device with Data Acquisition Toolbox of Matlab to read signals for studies about quality of electrical energy on “differential” input configuration and “on demand” mode. At first the device worked well until it has shown a problem. In the MAX program, appears a caution symbol ("!") over the device icon. When I use the test panel the screen doesn't show anything and an error-200474 is reported.

If I reset the device through MAX a message that it was reseted is showed but the problem doesn't disappear. If I make a self-test, the device passes at the test in spite of the problem. When I try to calibrate USB-6218 the program stops working, requiring me to disconnect the device from computer.

Using a Data Acquisition Toolbox of Matlab, the program recognizes the device and  the properties configuration works normally. When I start the device, the program stops working and I always need to restart my computer or disconnect the USB-6218 from it. Can anybody help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,802 Views)

Hi Guimaraes,

Are you using the latest version of NIDAQmx drivers?A driver update could resolve the issue.

Since MATLAB connects to the device using the NIDAQmx drivers, the device should first work properly in MAX before it can work properly in MATLAB.

Reagrds,

Manisha

The MathWorks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,792 Views)

I have installed the latest version of NIDAQmx drivers but the problem persists - nothing has changed. Another suggestion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,780 Views)