Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Analog Output during Double Buffered Data Acquisition

Hi NI Engineering Support Crew,

I am trying to output an analog signal from my 6014 card while I am doing an analog data acquisiton. If I am correct this is a 'full-duplex' or bi-directional operational mode that may potentially involve using double buffering for dual processes (Input and output). I have done searches on the documentation provided, however, have not found these key words used anywhere.

The data acquisition is double buffered and the A2D conversions occur at every external trigger ( using CONVERT* on PFI2 ). This involves setting up a range of buffers that acquire the data using circular buffering.

The technique I am attempting to use for analog output involves using the suppl
ied code in WFMdoubleBuf.c. This involves using WFM calls and double buffering.

While running the code in WFMdoubleBuf, I get a Timeout error: Timeout_Config -10609: A transfer is already in progress for the specified source, or the operation is not allowed because the device is in the process of performing transfers, possibly with different resources.

This occurs from the setup code in WFMDoubleBuf.c, after the Data acquisition setup code is initialised and before acquisition begins (before triggering).

Alternately, when I am attempting just to do analog output, I manage to run the provided C code to produce an analog output, however, when I convert the code to a C++ Builder application, I dont get a waveform on the same pin. The outputs from my application however show that the system keeps calling: WFM_DB_HalfReady to check if the buffer is ready, and occaisonally calls WFM_DB_Transfer (even though I cannot see a waveform on the CRO).

I am not sure whether I am doin
g something blatantly wrong in the second case.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide some tips towards these problems.

Best wishes,

Gaurav
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,492 Views)