Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6024E works with DAQmx but doesn't work with Traditional DAQ. Why?

Hello,

I have a 6024E. The board was working with LV 6 and DAQ 6.9. Then I decided to upgrade to LV 7 and I installed the Traditional DAQ 7.0 and the DAQmx drivers.

Now when I go in MAX I see the 6024E listed both under traditional DAQ devices and under DAQmx. However, only under DAQmx I can run the test panel utility. Under Traditional DAQ the test panel button is disabled.

If I try to place in a new vi the simple "AO one point" I get a bad error and the system crashes (I need task manager to end the process).

I read some posts around and I've heard that I am supposed to reset the device every time I want to switch between traditional DAq and DAQmx, however, the "Reset Device" in MAX doesn't solve my problem.

The only thing I would like to achieve is being able to use the "AO one point" or the "AI config" vi that i already have implemented in my applications.

Hope someone can help.

DanMSU
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,891 Views)

that's strange!

Just do one thing.

try uninstalling and reinstalling the DAQmx ans traditional DAQ drivers and see if it works

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,881 Views)
Hi,

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers many times, with no success.

However I finally upgraded to the Traditional DAQ 7.4 and that solved my problem!

DanMSU
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,864 Views)
helo

I also have a 6024E PCI card and want to use it with Labview 6i under Windows2000, I called the NI phone service and they told me to DL the traditional drivers but I couldn't download them, could somebody help me in finding them, I found a link on NI website but I couldn't download it and have an error message, many thx
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,743 Views)
Sieg,

You can find the driver download page here (Product Line is Multifunction DAQ, Software is Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) ). KB 3PIA89N5 is also a great reference for the compatibility between driver versions and LabVIEW.
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,727 Views)