Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lecom A communication protocol

Hi! Have you anybody created a library to use Lenze Lecom communication protocol over RS232 by the mean of Labview? Lenze doesn't offer any download possibilities and I would like to talk to our DC controller (4900 series) Thanks for any info

Message Edited by ceties on 01-28-2008 09:57 AM
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,925 Views)
Ceties,

I have searched internal and external resources at NI but I haven't found a driver for the Lecom protocol there. Here are two ideas that might help:
  1. Lenze provides an OPC server for the Lecom protocol. Using this OPC server together with the DataSocket OPC client in LabVIEW should simplify your task significantly, compared to implement the whole protocol on low level RS232.

2. I have found a description for a thesis on the web, where the Lecom protocol was implemented in LabVIEW. Maybe there is an option to get this part of the code. Here is the link to this thesis and here is the contact information for the students and the professor involved.
Kind regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,921 Views)

Hi Jochen!

and thanks for the answer.

1. I wrote to that two students but the emails already don't exists (the guys probably/hopefully defended their thesis and they are not students any more)

2. I would prefer natural LabVIEW coding so I don't want to use the OPC server. I think it is a bit overkill for my application not mentioning that I have no experiences with DataSocket so this might be a little painful way

Upon above mentioned facts I decided to write my own library. Finally the protocol is not so complicated (well, SCPI is anyway much nicer) so when I am done I'll upload it in case somebody will need it as well. I already finished the lowlevel Vi's and somebody from Lenze in Czech republic sent me datasheet including the English description of the protocol (attached).

Cheers

Ceties

LV 2011, Win7
Message 3 of 10
(9,895 Views)
Hi all. Here are the VI's I have developed and used. Maybe somebody will have some use from it in future. It includes simple example how to use it and of course the most used commands. Cheers
LV 2011, Win7
Message 4 of 10
(9,644 Views)
Here is my very final version of the VIs I have developed - in case somebody is interested in future.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(9,210 Views)

New version of the library

Changes:

- resending algorithm implemented (communication errors might occur)

- some colouring and renaming

- custom error codes

jochynator
LV 8.0.1, WinXP Pro
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,476 Views)
woops it seemed to log me in with my old forgotten profile... Smiley Mad
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,472 Views)
Dear ceties, dear all, I know the latest update on that topic is long in the past but somehow I am dealing with exactly that topic and I am horribly failing here. The only thing I'd like to accomplish is the adjustment of the frequency of the Lenze drive. Using the inhouse code from Lenze this is no problem. Switching to Labview no response so far from the drive. Using the library of ceties there is no reaction, no receive string at all. I found in the sub vis, ceties using the older driver packages so code registers higher than 500 should be allowed or something like that. But I simply want to address C140 for a certain value. But no chance. Not even the ask.vi gives any answer. Since ceties seemed to have succeeded I am asking now for kind advice. Lenze support unfortunately couldn't assist so far. This is the last piece I needed for my test rig so any help is highly appreciated. All the above translated in a question: What is the actual string I'd have to send to address C140? I tried "01!008C00 " to read the value but unfortunately silence is the answer. All ideas are highly appreciated Philipp
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,199 Views)

Did anyone get Lecom communication working on SMVector series Lenze controller ??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,455 Views)

Did you get it working, I am facing same issue 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,453 Views)