Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software triggering analog read task with fast startup time

I'm using a pci-6143 to read three analog channels in a task after getting the value of a proprietary counter with another card. I tried straight up calling DAQmxReadAnalogF64 but, judging from the data, it seems like the capture startup time can be longer than the ~30us window I have for it in my setup. That is even with committing the task beforehand with DAQmxTaskControl. Is there a faster way to (re)trigger the read without resorting to hardware-triggers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,830 Views)

A quick and dirty fix seems to be using a jumper from a DO-pin to the trigger input and use that to send the trigger. A way to send that signal internally would still be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,825 Views)

Hi codecraft,

My name is George and I am an Applications Engineer at National Instruments. I'm afraid that with the response time you are looking for you are unlikely to be able to do this with a software trigger. I would strongly recommend using one of the hardware triggers on your PCI card. If you are looking for a way to send the trigger signal internally the only way I can see that you would be able to do this is to route the trigger through the back connectors your cards if  your hardware set up allows this but with PCI cards it is unlikely you'll be able to do this.

Regards,

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,775 Views)