Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32bit to 64 bit Gpib32.dll

Hello all,

I have an excel spreadsheet with VBA code that uses some code snippets from NI. One is called VBIB32 and another is called NIGlobal and these have "copyright 2001 national instruments" commented in there.  In these snippets it frequently uses the driver gpib-32.dll in various functions and subs. We currently have the spreadsheet running on a 32 bit windows 7 laptop where it works fine. When we went to replace this laptop with a windows 10 64 bit we got an error. I was able to resolve the initial error by putting Ptrsafe in the declaration for the subs and functions however once you click any buttons in the spreadsheet it errors because of the gpib-32.dll driver doesn't want to work in the 64 bit environment. I have investigated a little into replacing the gpib-32.dll with ni4882.dll however I'm not sure what all is involved to do that. I am wondering what my options are and if there's a 64 bit equivalent for what this spreadsheet does.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(924 Views)

The solution I settled on was to install office 2007 32-bit on the 64 bit laptop. All the drivers worked in this environment. Not ideal but it gets the job done.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(829 Views)