Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision acquision

Hello All,

I like to implement this requirement, having start and stop buttons to record the video and store it in a video file for later viewing. 

Using vision acquisition

I added "vision acquisition" tool via "vision express" for acquiring video from web cam. I am able to configure and test the video signals well by using the acquisition settings. Even after choosing the "stopped" and "image out" options in the  acquisition settings, they are not appearing on the "vision acquisition" icon(see attachemnt) which is present in the block diagram . Kindly assist me in this regard,

Using NI IMAQ dx for meeting the above requirements, I shall be using IMAQ open, grab, acquire, close etc. How to store the acquired video.

which method is best, I am facing problems in both the methods.

Thanks

muthu.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,645 Views)
Hey Bala,
Did you try my suggestions in the other post? any luck??
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,642 Views)

For video check this might help.

Thanks
uday
Message 3 of 11
(5,641 Views)

Hi Uday,

Thanks for providing me the frames to avi model. But as i already told , when i try to configure "vision acquision" i am not getting the indicators and controls ie, stopped, image out etc (see the attachment). I am using USB webcam HAMA, during configuration of "vision acquision", video comes out very well. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,626 Views)
Hi Bala.Muthu,

-I'm not sure why the controls and indicators are not available for you for that Express VI. May be try reinstalling Vision Acquisition Module.
-Any specific reason why you want to use Express VI for acquisition?
-Is the video mode acquisition working with IMAQdx or do you have any problem with that?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,614 Views)

Hi Uday,

I am not able to resolve the problem in Vision acquisition, and there is no reason for me to use Express VI for acquisition.

With regard to IMAQdx, you gave me "simple acquisition" model. I can use the same model for my requirement but i have to store the video, can you tell me which control i have to add in the "simple acquisition model" which you have given.

Also this simple acquisition model works well for the first time (after opening the VI), but when i run it for the subsequent time VI stops 1sec after i press "run". IMAQdx Grab is giving error and that is making the stop condition TRUE.

Thanks for your assistance

Muthu.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,601 Views)
Hi Bala.Muthu,
-After running the vi, isn't it asking for folder location to save the file? You don't have to do any further modifications for saving video in my vi i guess.
-Can you see the video for first time at least in my vi?
-Can you be more specific about what error you got when you run the code for second time (Post screenshot if possible)
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,599 Views)

Hi Uday, 

In your frames to avi model, it will ask for save location which uses vision acquisition . But in the "simple acquisition"(using IMAQdx) it reads the video and outputs the image when stop is pressed. so can you provide me the changes required in the "simple acquisition" so that it saves the video that it being read (also promting the user for save location).

Muthu

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,597 Views)
I can't provide each and everything. If you get any problem, i can help, getting you complete code was never my intention nor job.

Thanks
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,595 Views)

Hi uday,

i got the solution for the requirement I have mentioned. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Thanks

Muthu.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,450 Views)