cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save binary image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

How to save binary image in a computer? If I right click on the image, then choose 'Save Image...', the picture saved will appear blank. I understand the image is in 0 and 1 but I do not know how to set up the code.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,553 Views)

Right click==>Save Image 

works perfect Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,524 Views)

If I right click and save image, the image will appear black.. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,519 Views)

I don't know about yours, but mine works absolutely perfect Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,517 Views)

The image is saving correctly, but like you say it looks black.  Standard viewers do not rescale the pixel intensities.

If you want a black and white image, you need to increase the value of the brighter pixels before saving.  One trick I use is multiplying the image by 255, which turns all the non-zero pixels into the brightest possible pixel.  There are probably more efficient methods, such as a lookup table, but multiplying is quick and dirty.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,507 Views)

Bruce is right. Here is a discussion on this:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/How-do-you-write-an-image-threshold-to-a-file/td-p/93172

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,503 Views)

Hi Bruce.

I am not sure how to do the multiplication by 255. You mean multiply the whole program by 255 or just multiply the image?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,487 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nadiah

Use IMAQ Multiply to multiply the image times 255.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 8 of 10
(5,477 Views)

hi can plz help me out.....i want to show grayscale images into Bitmap (0-7 bits). Is it possible to show garyscale image into bitmap 1 bit, 2bit,..upto...7bit image.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,404 Views)

hi can plz help me out.....i want to show grayscale images into Bitmap (0-7 bits). Is it possible to show garyscale image into bitmap 1 bit, 2bit,..upto...7bit image.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,403 Views)