cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 16 its images files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello every one, 

I am trying to work with 16 bits image and found vision does not support 16 bits image and I have convert the images to 64RGB. I have converted the images into 64RGB but as my computer screen is 8 bits therefore i can only see a black picutre no image inside. I am trying to work on with 16 bits images. Is there any way which can let me work on with 16bits images or vision only support 8 bits. Thanks 

regards,

lazer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lazer

Hi Lazer,

Thank you for posting. Please have a look at the following example, that was found on the NI-Community, which discusses displaying 16-bit images on an 8-bit monitor.

'Programmatically Set 16-bit Image Mapping for Front Panel Image Display'

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,615 Views)

Hello shelimar,

I tried to run this VI but it is not working. It is not showing any image on the output box. 

Thanks

Lazer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,592 Views)

Hi Lazer,

I wasn't able to replicate this problem. Do you receive any errors? The example has an image that is meant to be used (Coins.png) and is programmed to find that image, when the image is located in the same folder as the VI. If you try to run the example with your own image, you will need to adjust the code to ignore the built in option. 

Have you tried adjusting the modes? 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,558 Views)

Hello Shelimar, 

Actually, I was making an error which I figured out later. The program is working. Thanks for help. 

Many Thanks 

Lazer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,548 Views)