Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imaq Picture control menu changes in executable

I have a large vision application which has an IMAQ picture control.  When testing in the labview environment the menu allows the user to select the palet and save images.  The application is working well but when I build the application (LV7.1) the menu options are much more limited (copy data ...) why would a menu change when I compile.  Do I need to include the menu in the bould script, if so where is it located?

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,974 Views)
Hi Paul,

You can customize your right click runtime menu by right clicking on the Image Display and selecting Advanced>>Run-Time shortcut Menu.  Then you can use an event structure to monitor the display.  One of the events in the event structure is for shortcut Menu Selection.  Here are a few post that discuss how to do this with other controls

I hope this helps.

GG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,964 Views)
I am building this application in 7.1 on a customers request.  I cant access the run-time menus but the exe should not change the controls menus anyway is this a bug?
Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,962 Views)

Hi Paul,

this shouldn't be a bug. The VDM_LV_User_Manual.pdf has a note (in the section Image Display Control) that says: Not all functionality available during design time is available at run-time.

Hopefully, this changes one day.

Guenter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,954 Views)

I geuss this is not a bug but is not a prefered method of implementation for me.  I have added code to implement this, I just hate bloating my code for stuff which is already there.  The code is already 500+vi and 45MB and I wand to ship it out.  I will use 8.2 next time to avoid this problem.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,936 Views)