Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use centroid block to track multiple moving objects?

Hi everyone,

My project requires me to track several moving objects using a live camera. I have managed to do single object tracking by using the centroid block to detect the center of energy. I have subtracted two incoming images which is the current image and the previous image to get the differences. From this difference, I performed local thresholding to get a blob. Using this blob, I used the centroid to track the movement of the block. However, I could not find a way to use the centroid block to get the center of energy of several moving objects. This is due to the centroid taking the overall image and getting the overall center of energy. Any ideas on how to solve it? If my question seems too vague or you need my VI project for more details, please tell me so. I would really appreciate everyone's help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,057 Views)
it is vague please explain it with more detail and also use vi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,029 Views)

I have managed to track a single moving object using the centroid block available in LabVIEW. However, I'm wondering how do I improve this feature to multiple objects because I can't find a way to use the centroid block to track several moving objects. I'm sorry if I still sound vague because I'm new to image processing and LabVIEW. Here are my VI files. Note that the file "FYPtracking" is the main file and the rest are sub VI files. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,022 Views)

one more SUB vi file here because of forum's number of uploads limit...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,021 Views)