Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i store and fetch image from the Database(Access)

i am facing one problem in inserting the image into the database.the steps i followed as
1)i have created one database(access) as "Image" and into that one table as "Image" and field as "image"
type of the field is ole object.
2)i have inserted one image into the image field through "database.vi"
3)now i am trying to get the image from the database by "Fetching Example.vi"
4)it will succesfully retrieve the image from that field .
5)but when i close the both programs and reopen those that time i am unable to get retrieve the image.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,299 Views)
What error are you getting? Are you just running the fetches image? Have you tried running a database program like this that is a data type other than image?

A. Talley
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,299 Views)
Error I am getting is
"Error -1074396120 occurred at IMAQ ColorImageToArray
Not an image.."
I am running the Fetches Image vi

Image is a two diamentional array so for inserting the image in to the database the data type should be BLOB(Binary Large Object) this datatype is not present in the Access so the data type will be OLE ,i tried the other datatypes also but Failed to achive the goal.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,299 Views)
Any new development in storing image into the database
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,299 Views)
I would like to suggest different approach for saving the images in the database.
I was working on Medical Imaging Company. The way we save the images in real-time was by writing the name and path of the images to database.
The images themselves where saved directly to disk.
I don�t think that access is very good in taking care of GBytes of data.
It happens some time that the database gets damage. If you have the images separately you can create fix procedure. (We had one).

Good Lack,
Amit Shachaf,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,299 Views)
If you run the two vis you will notice that the images are getting stored in the database and successfully retrived also .But after reopening the vis it it giving errors ,

any comments
Suhas Katkar
AdviceSync Consulting
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,299 Views)