LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

word-report compatibility

Hello,

I am using Labwindows 8.5.1 for my project. I programmed a report generation with the included activex  wordreport-toolslib. The Word interface files are named word2000.*

Now I wonder about the compatibility of my code ? Will it also work with older / newer Word versions ? Or is it limited to Word 2000 ?

Thanks for the answers

Bernd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,689 Views)

Hello Bernd,

The name of the .fp files comes from the version of Word that was used to generate those files.  All that means is that the .fp does not include wrapper functions for functionality that was added to Word in later versions. But it does not mean that your code won't run correctly. The Word interface should be backwards compatible, and that should ensure that the same function does the same thing in all future versions of Word.

By the way, if you'd like to take advantage of the functionality in newer versions of Word, and if you already have the new version installed, all you need to do is run the ActiveX wizard (Tools>>Create ActiveX Container) and generate a new wrapper .fp file. Look for a server named "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library" for Word 2003, and (I'm guessing) "Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library" for Word 2007.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,673 Views)