LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx library Greyed-Out after install

I have CVI 2013 (service pack 2) installed on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine and the NI-DAQmx option in the library tab is greyed-out.  The check-boxes for NI-DAQmx in the "Customize Library Menu" panel are checked (by the way, NI-CAN is also checked and it is also greyed-out on the Library pulldown list).

I then downloaded the latest NI-DAQmx and followed the prompts to install it (using the Package Manger which was also just downloaded).  (It never asked if this was for CVI)  I checked the boxes to install all features it offered.  After reboot, I still did not have access to the NI-DAQMX library.

I un-installed all of National Instruments, re-booted, re-installed and then re-installed the NI-DAQMX driver.  Still the Library feature for NI-DAQMX is greyed out.  If you're reading this, you know how long that all takes....

Ideas?  I'm trying to toggle some bits on USB-6501 device and have spent quite a lot of time trying to decipher somewhat related posts.  Some of them end with stating the order that libraries and CVI should be installed.  I've done this order.

Is there an .fp that I can just put in my project and use?  Help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(561 Views)

Just replying to myself here in case someone else runs into this same problem.  I was able to fix this by loading an older version of the NI_DAQMX library.  My CVI is 2013, so instead of loading the latest NI_DAQMX, I loaded version 14.0 (which meant first uninstalling the one I had originally downloaded).  This worked.  Now I can have access to the DACMX library functions inside CVI.  Tom.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(521 Views)