LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have pictures and text in a table cell ?

Hi,

I'm french then sorry for my bad english. The question is in the title.

I want to put in a cell some pictures (2 or 3) align on the left and after a text. Is it possible ?

It's to make a sort of tree.

Thanks.

Christophe.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,672 Views)

I suppose you have already considered  to use a real tree instead of a table? With the possibility to have columns and different data types in a tree, in some cases the tree could be used instead of a table control.

Given this, there is no way to mix  picture and text or several pictures in a table cell: every cell can display only one image at a time, and even if it can hold several deta types in a single cell, it can only disply one of them at a time: in your case either picture or text.

If you cannot use a different type of control you could imagine to have a hidden canvas on which to draw all needed images and text, next retrieve a picture of the canvas as a bitmap and pass it to the table control. This effect implies a lot of coding so it may be advisable to consider reorganizing your user interface so that a different approach can be found.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,669 Views)

Thanks for the answer.

The Tree is not really possible for this moment. And my table contains lot of data so I think it's too heavy to make a canvas for each row.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,666 Views)