LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Output Signal Graphs

Hi,
  I wanted to know if anyone knew how to generate two  graphs/waveforms on a plot on the user interface of a generated voltage output signal that was created in LabWindowCVI. Basically, I am sending two voltage signals from the NI Board and I want to generate two waveforms of the generated voltage output on two graphs. Thanks! 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,963 Views)
It's not clear to me wether you want to draw on the graph the theorical waveform generate or the actual one. In the first case PlotWaveform should help you if you pass to it the buffer you passed to the daq board for generation. In the second case, normally daq boards do not have a way for directly monitoring their outputs, so you will need to drive output channels to some input channels and acquire them during generation, next plot the waveforms acquired on the graph.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,946 Views)
To be more specific, I want to generate a theoretical plot that should match the voltage that I am generating. I hope to plot to graphs. is there a way to plot two graphs in one interface? thank you
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,941 Views)

You can put more than one graph control on a panel. But it seems to me that you are intending to plot two signals on one graph, and again the answer is yes: having a graph you can plot as many items as you want to it. Every single plot, be it a single point or a complex waveform, recibes a handle by which it can be accessed to modify its attributes, hide, show or delete it.

In your case, you can simply use PlotWaveform or PlotXY multiple times on your graph.

Just to point a few terminology: with "graph" normally a graph control is intended, that is the grid/axes/legend group that permits to draw a signal on it; a "plot" is the individual signal drawn on the graph: it can be a point, a line, a shape, a text... Plots are created via Plotxxxx command in the user interface library and require a graph control to place them on.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community