LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ConvertLabWindows/CVI Program Into LabVIEW VIs?

Hello,

Is it possible to convert LabWindows/CVI directly into a format that can be used in LabVIEW VIS?

I already known that the opossite it's not possible, because there is an article for that (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PARDSA4) , but i'm searching the contrary case. 

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,530 Views)

The same as suggested win the KB you linked, you can create DLLs in CVI and use them in LabVIEW: see this article that describes how to do this

Building a DLL with LabWindows/CVI 8.5 for use with LabVIEW 8.5

Despite being aimed to old versions of the IDEs, the principles are applicable to more recent versions of CVI (and of LV, I suppose).

CVI Comes with some examples of building DLLs that you may also use as a reference in this task: you can find them by searching for "DLL" in the example finder (Help >> Find Examples... menu function)

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thanks

But, this way is the unique way to "integrate" LabWindows in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,520 Views)

I have already listened to talk about this solution, but I if I didn't work with DLL , Would I have any way to convert LabWindows/ CVI Program into LabVIEW VI?

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,506 Views)

Not that I know of: all the documentation I can find in my LV install or on NI site refers to calling libraries or DLL. Just as an example, look at these links:

Can LabVIEW C? - Example 3: Using the Right Tools with LabVIEW

Calling External APIs

There used to be an alternative with CIN (Code Interface node) but this functionality got deprecated in LV 2010 leaving only the Call Library function as a solution for code interconnection.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,493 Views)

Thanks you so much.

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,491 Views)