LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform averaging results using labview from O-scope

Solved!
Go to solution

I tried to put another DAQ assistant inside the while loop for average before. But it gives me error, it seems that one cannot have two same DAQ assistants in one code.  

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(766 Views)

Not sure about the DAQ Assistant either but try wiring a DAQmx Task Clear to the task output of the first one. There can only be a single task running at a time. The assistant probably does not clear it each time it is run. It's all pretty simple to do with the DAQmx functions and have a single task instead of the assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(760 Views)

I tried wiring a DAQmx Task Clear, but it doesn't work. I also tried to write it using DAQmx from the beginning rather than using DAQ assistant. But I cannot wire it to while loop and shift register to average. Can you show me how do you do that?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(757 Views)

I think I am dealing with a similar problem.  I am acquiring waveforms from a Tek dpo2024.  I want the averaging to stay external to labview by using the Averaging Mode in the scope.  The current program can input waveform data with the averaging mode OFF but fails when averaging mode is ON.  A colleague wants to recreate averaging within LabVIEW by applying a moving average but shouldn't I be able to keep the averaging external within the scope?

I looked at your posted examples but I could not view the vi's. I have the Tek dpo4000 driver installed.  what driver do I need to view the vi's in your examples?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(710 Views)

Hi,

For you instrument, you should get your instrument driver from here.

As for the posted VIs on this thread, were you not able to open them in LabVIEW or were there subVIs missing when you opened it?

For the former, it may be that the VIs were written in a newer version of LabVIEW than yours. If this is the case, what version of LabVIEW are you using so they can be downconverted?

If it's the latter, you would likely need the driver linked above.

Also, if you post your code, we can take a look to make sure everything is set up correctly.

Take care!

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(681 Views)

I am using v.2010.  I will download the driver and try viewing you code.  If I continue to have problems with my code, I will return and I will post it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(673 Views)